THE WIKI COMMUNITY

Friday 6 May 2011

People in the Limelight

People in the Limelight


New Music;May7ven - Number

Posted: 06 May 2011 07:10 PM PDT


May7ven is back with her third official single titled "Number",check out the r&b ,Naija version and official press release below.

 Described as one of the best female dancers/entertainers in the music industry after dominating the European and Africa's dance Floor and music charts. Singer/songwriter May7ven is back with her infectious dance-floor filling 3rd Single entitled "Number". Her no nonsense straight to the point attitude has her signature all over this club banger! Since her last "2 UK MTV TOP 10 Chart" topping singles "Hands Up" and "Take Off My clothes" May7ven has been rocking the international stages performing to thousands of people, presidents, dignitaries also sharing the stage with some of the world's biggest artists on tour including Akon, Mary J, Sean Paul, the Jacksons and so much more. The enigmatic, mystery girl who's had her sights on the US market has included a bonus release "Can't do without you" strictly for her pop fans who love to see her dance, crowning her the 1st female Nigerian Pop Star and Queen of 'AfrnB' pop across the world and she has only just started. In March 2011 May7ven landed a deal on the biggest dance reality tv show in Africa on Malta Guinness Street Dance Africa season 4, then her own Radio show on City FM 105.1 and will be launching her much anticipated album in the summer of 2011. After surviving a ghastly car accident at the start of 2011, May7ven says "God hasn't finished with her yet" and is more determined than ever to take her music and style to heights never seen before. Rich steamy power vocals, combined with a heavy beat and incredible hook, Nigeria born, UK Based May7ven's strong attitude flows throughout the much anticipated single "Number" which she describes as an empowering tracks for females who know exactly what they want and further asks the desire of her affection for their telephone number. This infectious dose of sexy 'RnB' aka "AfrnB will have you addicted to the 7 and wanting more! Watch out for her new hot sexy music video with breath taking dance moves which will be shown on all major TV outlets and online
"Number" will be released in the UK Charts June 7th Digitally & 27th June physically, Internationally 3rd July 

Happy birthday to May7ven


Listen and download



New movie alert; Ties that Bind starring kimberly elise,omotola jalade,Ama K Abebrese

Posted: 06 May 2011 10:43 AM PDT



Ties that Bind is a new movie that has been buzzing for a while now.It is written and directed by Leila Djansi and produced by Tonita perry .
     Movie starring Kimberly elise,omotola jalade ekehinde , Ama K abebrese and many others. we will bring you the trailer for the movie as soon as we have it .watch out

Sypnosis

Adobea, Buki and Theresa are three women from different walks of life bound together by a similar pain; the loss of a child. In a destined meeting in a small village in Kroboland, the women journey together to redemption, love, life and forgiveness as they renovate a dilapidated clinic for the villagers.

Diary of a single lady -Concluding part

Posted: 06 May 2011 08:34 AM PDT


   In my first ranting about how I moved from nearly married to happily single, I wrote about my previous relationship. Unless you are married or about to wed, you may never fully understand the adrenaline that goes into preparing for a Naija wedding. 


   I am the first child and my parents were more than happy to outspend and give me a befitting wedding. I mentioned that my fiancĂ© called me his lucky charm. He kept telling me how happy he was to have found me. 

    I helped him get a job, loaned him money to buy a good car and never asked him for money because I wanted him to be able to save. My wedding euphoria died sometime in February this year, exactly two days to Valentine's Day. I had made preparations ahead of time and even visited Ann Summers to buy some costumes that would make sex on the 14th memorable.

 In retrospect maybe I wanted to get pregnant that day because my brand new "nurse" outfit is to die for. In our two years of dating, orgasms were so rare for me. It took us having sex a record five times before, he came once. I asked a doctor friend of mine who told me, he must have some psychological issues (I should have left him then but I didn't, I was in love or whatever I was in). We talked about this and he said he could control his orgasm that's why.

   You will not know, how relived I was to see his sperm for the first time. Alas, he was normal but the moment he started "cumming", the sex worsened. I kept hoping that this will improve in marriage as he promised so I quit complaining. The "nurse" outfit is cooling off in my wardrobe somewhere because I never got to wear it.

    February 12, 2011 was a day I will remember for a long time to come. I was in my fiancĂ© apartment all day because I had not started working at the time. I was to resume work the following week. I got bored watching television so I decided to browse the internet and chat with friends on facebook.

I picked up his laptop from the room and tried to open facebook. I noticed he did not sign out and his own page opened. I wanted to close it but I got curious because of the midnight calls and his strange behaviors'. I decided to read his facebook messages. This would turn out to be the most shocking revelation; I have ever received in my life. He had a generic message that read something like "hello princess can I meet you, please add me".  Once the girl adds him, he would start chatting with her, exchange phone numbers and fix time to meet so they can have "fun".

    In total there were more than 50 girls he had this facebook exchanges with. One of the girls asked him, why he was looking for a woman so badly, he said because she is very special. I saw mails from some names I recognized on his phone. People he claimed he did not know. After this, I became so angry. 

   I started searching his apartment for anything I might have missed. I saw a lady's underwear, a packet of cigarette (he claims he doesn't smoke) and over 100 packets of condoms of different flavors. I started shaking vigorously; my world was crumbling under me. How did I not know that he even smokes? Who lies about smoking? I was going to marry this guy! I lost all sense of feeling at that point. Tears started rolling down my cheeks freely, I was so confused. What should I do now? There is a wedding in December! Money has been spent! What should I do?
   I waited patiently for him to come from work and showed him all his condoms. He was so shocked and started shouting at me. How dare you go through my stuff? When he refused to calm down I told him, I will call off the wedding. 

   He started laughing that we can't do that because of our parents. He now looked at me and said sorry they were just cheap available Lagos girls, they don't mean anything to me, and I was just playing around. I was so shocked at his statements. My born again Spirit filled guy is playing around? Life lost all meaning to me. I managed to stay quiet and think. I left his apartment and took a long painful drive home that night.

    I told him to give me some time to think. I went home, wept cried and prayed.  After two weeks of deep personal thinking, I did not tell anybody about the issues we had not even family. It was important to take this decision on my own. After some painful soul searching, I decided to call off the wedding and leave him. 

In the two weeks I was away from him, he did not visit me. He would call and ask how I am faring and then drop the phone. I could not believe the arrogance of a man who begged me to date him and even proposed marriage to me. He called me one day and said, look Ada I love you let's get married and forget about all these spoilt girls in Lagos. 

  You will always be my number one and even those girls outside know I don't joke with you. That was the last straw, he did not seem repentant to me, and so I left him despite the tears in my eyes, rising from the depths of my belly to leave him.

   I informed my parents and they were so disappointed. They kept asking why I could embarrass them like this. I begged for their forgiveness knowing how much they spent on the preparations. I have enjoyed their support ever since. As I write my ex still owes me the money I gave him to buy a car. He said he will pay in installments but he has been defaulting. I keep asking God, why I met such a person who lacks any form of integrity.

    I ran into him at Shoprite sometimes with different girls. I feel so sorry for anyone who falls prey to this person. I learnt from his mum that his ex girlfriend loaned him huge sums of money too. The man lives above his means. He dates women from wealthy backgrounds and live off them. He is really a master of his craft because even I known to be a good judge of character did not see this coming. I will not paint him to be the devil. He had pockets of good in him, I guess that's was the attraction for me. He is a good listener and would call me a million times a day if possible. Plus he is from one of the best families out there. 

  My greatest regret is that I did not have the opportunity to be his mum's daughter in law. She was and still is very nice to me. She took me as one of her own from day one and I forever grateful for her love.
I am finally as single as they come but relived God delivered me. You may not appreciate what I mean by this but it is clear to me now that if I married this man, I would have suffered. He will cheat on me and not provide any financial support for our family.

    I would have been the bread winner and still have to deal with his children that may come outside wedlock. I know for a fact that I would have been miserable. It is on the strength of this understanding that I keep breathing daily. I now know that despite all the societal pressures it is better to be happily single than to be miserably married just to satisfy people.

    I have not given up on marriage, I know it will happen soon but, quite frankly any lazy man who wants to live off my money should check the next girl because this woman is wiser and discerning! It's hard being alone but hey! It's well worth it.


                                           Read all our articles here

Nollywood actress ,Nkiru sylvanus launches talent show

Posted: 06 May 2011 08:17 AM PDT

nkiru sylvanus,benita nzeribe and the team
  Nollywood actress Nkiru sylvanus has launched are own talent hunt show tagged" i 've got talent".
    
     "I 've got talent" is aimed at raising funds for rochas foundation volunteer corps campaign against child illiteracy and empower talented youths for a better future by showcasing their talents with which they will win cash prizes .


see more pictures from the launch


Planet 1 

Benita nzeribe , Nkiru sylvanus and a friend




Our picks in Life

Posted: 06 May 2011 07:02 AM PDT


  In  as much as most aspects of our Life are predestined ,such as who  our parents are,the colour of  eyes,when we were born e . t . c. We have no power  or influence over  these areas of our lives.


   As we live, age ,grow.Life brings to us so many choices,just like it is in a marketplace,filled with so many varieties.We are faced with so many choices ,options in all aspects of our lives.Choices ranging the career we choose,the friends we keep, who we get married to,and our attitudes to life.

    Often,our emotions,feelings,come into action .Our  head  tells us to do the right thing,but our heart goes in the opposite direction  of what our head wants us to do,in as  much as it is good to trust in Yourself and follow your heart ,it is also very dangerous to always rely on your feelings,emotions,because it could be tricky and irrational.

 Also,we are sometimes influenced  by the decisions of people around us ,we act on whatever they tell us to do or go in the whichever direction our friends,colleagues go.It is not bad to listen to good suggestions or emulate a good act,but it is also not one hundred percent sure that all of their decisions might be good for you.

   In making a choice , the most important thing is to know what  you want in the first place.Before going to the market ,we sometimes write a list or have an idea of what we want to buy . It strange to go to  the market  without  knowing  what  you want.

    Regardless of what your heart tells you to do or what your friends think is best for you, take a deep breath and  ask yourself " will this thing, act  favour me in the next  ten years?'', can I look back and say "yes I made the right choice" without any regrets.
Remember,the choices you make today  will either make or mar you tomorrow.

All the best!!!!!!!!!


shola adegun


                                                     Read All our articles here

New movie trailer;Colombiana starring Zoe saldana and Micheal vartan

Posted: 06 May 2011 12:20 AM PDT


Colombiana is a new action movie from the writer of the popular movie "taken"starring Zoe saldana and Micheal vartan ,it will be in cinemas on 2nd september ,2011.See the official trailer below



No comments:

Post a Comment