THE WIKI COMMUNITY

Saturday 6 November 2010

People in the Limelight

People in the Limelight


Exclusive Interview with Nigerian,New york based stylist,Kanayo Ebi

Posted: 06 Nov 2010 10:46 AM PDT

Kanayo Ebi
Kanayo ebi is the stylist to Daddy's girls...yup u guessed right! Angela and Vanessa Simmons and to a host of other celebrities. In this interview with celebregion, the graduate of psychology shares with us her inspirations, working with Angela and Vanessa, about Nigeria and more…..

-Tell us about yourself?

      KANAYO; my full name is Kanayo Ebi, I am a 27 year old stylist based in New York City. I am a Nigerian though I was born in the states (NYC).I graduated from St Johns University with     a B.A in Psychology.

-what inspired you to be a stylist?

     KANAYO; I have always been into fashion, even growing up, fashion has always been a passion area of mine. I was blessed enough to grow up experiencing different cultures and lifestyles and I saw how fashion played a major part. My parents were also into fashion and are very fashionable. Growing up, I used to help my Dad pick out suits for work, I also used to go shopping with my Mother and helped in picking out outfits for her to try on and I had a say in the final decision making. I always loved shopping in all these different stores.

- how did you start out as a stylist?

     KANAYO; When I got to college , I had friends that modelled and I always helped them on their test shoots to build my portfolio and I found different stylists that I could work under assisting so I could learn the ropes and build my skills to grow in this profession so I could turn it into a career.

-ON Working with Vanessa and Angela?


Angela simmons 

     KANAYO; I love working with Vanessa and Angela because they are both very different both in their personalities and styles and it is very interesting to see how their personalities and moods influence their fashion choices sometimes. They both definitely keep me on my toes and are fun to work with. Also, they have amazing spirits. They are truly great people and are like family to me at this point. Love them!.



                                                                         Vanessa simmons

-Tell us about their Individual Style?

      KANAYO; Vanessa's style is more classic with a bit of an edge, people like Marilyn Monroe and Jackie Onassis help influence her style. She likes the timeless effortless looks of their style and takes from that but adding a little bit of her in it. She still wants to look young and refreshing. While Angela is very into fashion and trends and is very much of a risk taker with her fashion choices. She's always looking for how she can push the envelope a little and how she can revamp or create her own look. Her style depends on her mood on a certain day or for a certain event.



Kanayo with Angela simmons
                                          

-Other celebrities you have worked with?

     KANAYO; I have been blessed enough to work with other celebrities and publications such as Talent Magazine , Hype Hair , Kate Winslet , Rocsi of 106 & park , J.Cole , Jeanette Jenkins (celeb trainer ) , Dani Evans , Adrienne Bailon..e.t.c





Kanayo with Diggy simmons

Rocsi of 106 & park
                                                               

-What do you feel about Nigeria?

     KANAYO; I have definitely lived in Nigeria. I was born in the states (NYC) and then moved back shortly after. We (my siblings and I ) make an effort to go back home every year to visit and spend time with the family (my parents still live in Nigeria). So we try and spend Christmas back home in Nigeria and I always look forward to going back. It's always so much fun hanging out with friends and family and the culture. Love it!.

Follow me on twitter @kachmeifyoucan.
Visit www.kachmeifyoucan.com to see more of my portfolio…


Ojonoka Agudah

Uti Nwachukwu to host SMVA 2010

Posted: 06 Nov 2010 06:28 AM PDT


press release

Reality TV star, actor, and model, Uti Nwachukwu, hosts this year'sawards. Uti, a recording artist himself, continues in the tradition of performers hosting the SMVA's (The 2008 and 2009 awards were hosted by D'banj and Darey Art-Alade, respectively).
Uti will draw on his recent fame and success, having just won the 2010 season of the Big Brother reality show, Big Brother All-Stars. Through that platform, Uti connected to audiences on an unprecedented scale.He has proven himself capable entertainer, and performer – combining his trademark affability and charm with an unforced coolness.
Uti began his career as a housemate on the third edition of the Big Brother Africa reality show in 2008, and was evicted on the 42nd day.He returned to the Big Brother house this past July, and was eventually crowned the winner in October, walking away with the$200,000 prize money. He switched lanes after returning from the firststint on BBA,to launch his singing career, when he released his debut single, 'Go Down', which offered Nigerians his rare blend of Soul and R&B.

No comments:

Post a Comment