THE WIKI COMMUNITY

Monday 24 September 2012

Are You Fall-ing For It?

 
Are You Fall-ing For It?

Fall officially arrived last Saturday. Here in Southern California, the season brings shorter days and slightly cooler temperatures but no dramatic change. To create the illusion of a Midwestern autumn, I exchanged the beach-themed covers on my sofa pillows for covers with Halloween themes, replaced the seashells in my “exhibit” lamp with pinecones, acorns and seed pods, and arranged gourds and squash on the mantle. I’m going back to my home in Missouri for my son’s wedding in a couple weeks. Like many of you, I’ll need to clean the gutters, winterize the outside faucets, check the weatherstripping on the doors and windows, reverse the ceiling fans and change the batteries in the smoke detectors. Hmmm. Maybe I should stay an extra day? -Jerri Farris

How do you get your home ready for fall? Let us know on Facebook!

 
 

 
 
 
 
More Ways to Welcome Fall:
Fall Gardening Checklist Fall Harvest: Apple Tablescape 7 Kid-Friendly Fall Crafts
 
FAQs | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy
Copyright ©"1999-2012 eHow, Inc. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the eHow Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
To unsubscribe from this list click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment