THE WIKI COMMUNITY

Monday 6 June 2011

People in the Limelight

People in the Limelight


Pictures;Steph nora okereke looking fly

Posted: 06 Jun 2011 09:54 PM PDT


    Steph Nora Okereke is one of the pretty faces in Nollywood movie back in the days ,though she has not been seen in movies lately but that doesnot stop her from being a beauty anytime .
We were informed she is involved in some other projects . See  her latest pictures below








Presh of KC Presh unveils his next moves

Posted: 06 Jun 2011 05:03 PM PDT


   We informed you that the duo of kingsley okonkwo and precious john popularly known as KC Presh broke up few weeks ago due to financial and individual family issues .
   
     Kc released his first single off his upcoming album last week ,now Presh has also unveiled his upcoming projects which include project fresh , fastlane publishing, amp entertainment and so on . It is crystal clear now that they both have parted and gone their seperate ways . 
 You can listen to  KC's first single here 

Darey Gears up to release his Uk first single + the feature in June edition of Musicology magazine uk

Posted: 06 Jun 2011 09:03 AM PDT

  

    With summer swiftly approaching, multiple award-winning singer/songwriter Darey is already turning up the temperature with the upcoming release of his hot new single 'The Way You Are' featuring Grammy Award winning rapper Chamillionaire.
The song is a funky fusion of Darey's silky R&B vocals against a hard-hitting hip-hop and electro beat, and is guaranteed to have listeners humming its catchy hook for hours on end. 'The Way You Are' is taken from his forthcoming self titled debut UK album.


The single is written and produced by Darey alongside renowned producer Cobhams Asuquo and Del B (for Soul Muzik)

Darey is anything but 'new' to this game. Having shot to fame in 2004 following a successful stint on the popular  TV talent show Project Fame, which broadcast all over the African continent, Darey went on to release his debut album 'From Me 2 U' in 2006. His second album 'un.DAREY.ted' followed in 2009 in his birth country Nigeria.

Both albums were certified platinum and earned him not only a massive following across the world, but also dozens of honors at all of Africa's major award shows- including Hip hop world Awards, the MTV Africa Music Awards, Channel O Awards and Soundcity Music Video Awards. Some of these nominations included the coveted 'Record of the Year,' 'Best Male Vocal Performance' and the 'Listeners Choice' award. He won the 2010 Soundcity Music Video Award for Best R&B/Pop Video and Best R&B Nigerian Entertainment Awards in the USA.

Tipped as Africa's answer to Ne-Yo by industry experts due to his beautiful songwriting skills, Darey now has his sights firmly set on breaking the UK and other international markets;  "I've always wanted to bring my sound to the UK and I'm super excited to see how the people take to it. I'm a massive fan of the scene there and have a huge respect for the music that has come out of England over the years. I'd also love to collaborate with a few British acts, I can't wait to see what happens next" he commented.
Meanwhile, Darey will head to the United Kingdom this week for his first set of promo performances. The new single will debut on radio stations across the UK on Sunday June 19, 2011. 

Darey also features in June edition of Musicology Magazine,Uk having American supersinger Keri Hilson on the cover page .see the exclusive feature below.





Power of the hour

Posted: 06 Jun 2011 08:39 AM PDT


    If you want to achieve a certain goal that cannot be accomplished without a considerable time investment, you should learn to harness the cumulative power of persistence.

Believe it or not, this was a lesson that I learned from playing the Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game "Final Fantasy XI." I played FFXI an average of four hours a day for three years. The game kept track of the total "playtime" I collectively spent logged in. After three years, my total playtime value amounted to over 180 days.

    It's difficult to explain the significance of how I felt when I realized how much time I had invested playing a video game. "Invested" is a sly word to use for this story — because a more accurate word would be "wasted."
wasted 180 days of my life playing this video game.
180 days!? The things I could accomplish in that much time!

If I spent that much time exercising, I would be physically fit.
If I spent that much time learning a second language, I would be fluent in it.
If I spent that much time writing, I would have written a book.
If I spent that much time doing anything constructive, I would have improved my life.

   Take a moment to imagine something you've always wanted to do but never had the time.
If you can afford to spend only one hour a day working towards this goal, over time you will collectively spend enough time that you'll accomplish it. Spending only one hour a day for a year adds up to over two entire weeks — this is "the power of an hour."
In my case, something I've always wanted to do but never had the time was to learn to play piano.
   Thanks to this one-hour-every-day strategy, I taught myself to play piano using tutorial software on an electronic keyboard. I spent the first half hour on a new lesson, and the last half hour playing songs I'd learned previously.

      When I received my electronic keyboard on Christmas 2005, I couldn't even identify middle C. Through the power of an hour, after one year's time I was able to play:Ach, Du Lieber Augustin,America (My Country, 'Tis of Thee) and so on.
    For too long, I allowed myself to be intimidated by the time commitment — I never imagined I could succeed in reaching this goal, but then my attitude changed when I understood how much time I spent playing a silly video game.


    If there's something you want to do but feel that you can't without more time, then I encourage you to try this method. Irrespective of how busy you are, you can surely afford one little hour out of your day. Spend one less hour watching television, playing video games, or browsing the Internet so you can spend it working towards your goal — and if you can't give up an hour from your entertainment, then spend one less hour sleeping! am just using the story of my friend to let u kno that every minute that u spend matters.u must learn to spend your time with the right people,read the right books,think the right things,u will do great exploit in your world..i pray for u that God will see you true as u will brake always from that sin of delay .

Viva Riva wins Best African Movie at the MTV Movie awards

Posted: 06 Jun 2011 02:44 AM PDT


We posted an exclusive details  of the AMA Awards Best film Viva riva few months back ,well it has also won the best african film category at the 2011 MTV Movie awards held last night in california .

Other nominees in the category are ;


A Screaming Man
Director: Mahamat-Saleh Haroun, Executive Producer: Florence Stern. Foreign Producer: Diana Elbaum

Life, Above All
Director: Oliver Schmitz, Producers: Oliver Stoltz, Greig Buckle

Restless City
Director: Andrew Dosunmu, Producers: Katie Mustard, Matt Parker; Executive Producers: David Raymond and Tony Okungbowa

Viva riva is a  stylish adrenaline-fuelled crime thriller directed and written by Congolese film-maker, Djo Tunda Wa Munga. The breathless story of the rise and fall of Riva, a Congolese smuggler who makes a fortune overnight and is hunted down in Kinshasa, Viva Riva! Stars Patsha Bay Mukana as Riva, a likable Kinshasa-based hustler and Manie Malone as Nora, the girlfriend of a tough local crime boss. Viva Riva was produced by Bors van Gils, Michael Goldberg, Djo Tunda Wa Munga and co-produced by Steven Markovitz.

Viva riva trailer


Lauryn Hill expecting sixth child

Posted: 06 Jun 2011 02:28 AM PDT

Lauryn hill
    Lauryn Hill held a concert last night at Chene Park in Detroit, Michigan where she shocked the crowd and announced that she is pregnant with her sixth child.  
     Lauryn hinted that she might be pregnant back in April when she preformed at  Club Nokia in LA stating, "I keep having these children. I don't know if I'm the most fertile woman in America. I've got five big children, you believe that? If you ask anybody I went to high school with, they'd be like puzzled… Wait till you hear the big secret though."

No comments:

Post a Comment