THE WIKI COMMUNITY

Saturday 11 February 2012

celebregion.com

celebregion.com


Singer Whitney Houston Dead at 48

Posted: 11 Feb 2012 05:25 PM PST


Aug 6 1963 - Feb 11 2012

      R&B Superstar  Whitney Houston is dead .Whitney who reigned as pop music's queen until her majestic voice and regal image were ravaged by drug use, erratic behavior and a tumultuous marriage to singer Bobby Brown died at  48.
Publicist Kristen Foster said Saturday that the singer had died
   CNN Reports  Whitney was staying at the Beverly Hilton Hotels preparing to go to Clive davis party tonight and singer Ray J who she reportedly had affair with found her dead.
    At her peak, Houston was the golden girl of the music industry,she was one of the most famous and successful singers in the world. 
      From the middle 1980s to the late 1990s, she was one of the world's best-selling artists. She wowed audiences with effortless, powerful, and peerless vocals that were rooted in the black church but made palatable to the masses with a pop sheen.Houston won two Emmy Awards, six Grammy Awards, 30 Billboard Music Awards, 22 American Music Awards during her record-breaking career,but by the end of her career, Houston became a stunning cautionary tale of the toll of drug use. 
   Houston holds an Honorary Doctorate in Humanities from Grambling State University in Louisiana.
     She  had one child, Bobbi Kristina, with Ex-husband Bobby Brown. Houston and Brown were married from 1992-2007.
  May Her soul R.I.P!!!!!

Bollywood Legend, Amitabh Bachchan undergoes surgery

Posted: 11 Feb 2012 06:23 AM PST



   Bollywood's biggest star Amitabh Bachchan   underwent abdominal surgery earlier today and was recovering well in a Mumbai hospital, his son said.
  The 69-year-old actor has a history of stomach ailments following an intestinal injury he suffered while filming a movie "Coolie or 'The Porter"in 1982.
His son,Abhishek Bachchan, said the surgery went well and his father was resting. He tweeted ; Thank you all for your wishes and prayers. The surgery went off well and dad is now in the room resting.
  Affectionately known as "Big B," Amitabh Bachchan has acted in around 180 films in a career spanning four decades in Bollywood, the home of India's prolific movie industry.

Iceprince : A Possible 2012 MOBO Award Nominee ?

Posted: 11 Feb 2012 02:36 AM PST


   2012 keeps getting better for Chocolate city rapper Iceprince Zamani as it has been revealed to us exclusively that he is one of the possible nominees for 2012 MOBO Awards. 
   Celebregion.com had a brief chat with a MOBO Rep in London last night  "Iceprince is one of the hottest artists in africa right now and that's the main criteria for getting nominated for an award ,but don't expect me to reveal the details to you now ", she jokingly tells .
    
   We received a mail few days from MOBO Team that Iceprince who recently duets with Jamaican star Gyptian was featured in their  future session alongside four other artists across the world on which he had an acoustic session . Future session is for artists that are currently making waves and have brighter careers ahead.

     Nigerian music stars  Tuface , 9ice and wizkid are past winners of MOBO Awards .
 2012 MOBO Awards press conference will be held soon .

Stephanie okereke is not in my class ,Not on the same level-Ex-Husband finally talks

Posted: 10 Feb 2012 11:24 PM PST



   Chikelue iloanusi ,Nigerian ex-footballer and ex-husband of nollywood star actress ,stephanie okereke has finally talked about his failed marriage to the actress .
   He disclosed to a national newspaper in an exclusive interview.Read the excerpts below.
     Chike was asked the main reason they broke up , "she sued me for N100m,now the court has thrown out the case".
He continued:
  "If you say I'm married to somebody in America, you have to prove that I have not dissolved the marriage. You have to show the court the document in your possession that proves you are telling the truth about the marriage. But she didn't show the court anything. The court said it would allow everybody to go their own way. It said the marriage did not exist, since it did not produce any issue. She claimed she was feeding me, yet she sued me for N100m where would she have expected me to get the money to pay her? This is a new year. I don't want to talk about this girl. Life goes on. If you keep talking about somebody everyday and the person doesn't say anything, won't you get tired?"
   He was asked if he was married as stephanie claimed ,he said if he was married to another woman ,she should have sued him for bigamy .

Chike was aksed what he wishes for stephanie ;
  "I don't want her to come out of this one again. I'm not an issue for her. I want her to get married. Even if she wants to remarry, does she have to tell the general public about it? Nobody is stopping her. Everything about life is about upbringing and orientation, but I wish her the best of luck. I'm not competing with her. She no longer exists in my life. I'm only advising her. I don't want her to come out of this marriage again. I don't have to tell the whole world that I'm engaged. I hope she doesn't come out of this marriage again and start going to newspapers saying the man did this or that to her. I don't want anybody to break her heart. It is not as if I cannot respond to everything she has been saying about me in the newspapers, it is just that she is not in my class"

   He concluded that he is not jealous of the actresss getting married to another man
 "  Honestly, from the bottom of my heart, I'm not jealous. Why should I be jealous of her? She is in the past. I've moved on with my own life. There is absolutely no reason for me to be jealous. Any time somebody asks her anything about me, she will start criticising me. You can never hear me talk ill about her. If you ask me, I will tell you she doesn't exist in my life. We're not on the same level. I am begging her to go and marry. Some people phoned me to say she would wed in Paris, but I don't care. She can go and marry in heaven"
   
   Chikelue got married to stephanie in 2004 before seperating due to irreconcilable differences.

No comments:

Post a Comment