THE WIKI COMMUNITY

Wednesday 16 May 2012

It's Strawberry Season! 24 Ways to Celebrate

 
Strawberry Fields Forever

I've looked forward to strawberry season every year since I was a kid. One day in late spring, my dad would drive my sister and me out to the U-Pick farm, where we'd spend the afternoon on our hands and knees in the dirt happily filling our baskets (and sneaking a few when no one was looking). When we returned home, sunburned and juice-stained, we were rewarded for our hard work with strawberry shortcake for dinner, and the next day our mom would freeze the leftover berries so we could enjoy the fruits of our labor all winter. I haven't been out to a U-Pick farm since high school, but to me strawberry season still represents the first warning shot of summer, and all the sunny pleasures that come with it. -Anna Roth.

>>Discover desserts, cocktails and 20 more strawberry recipes that go way beyond shortcake.

 
 

 
 
 
 
More Ways To Go Wild For Strawberries:
Fresh Strawberry Style Picks Step-by-Step Guide to Growing Your Own How to Pick Out the Perfect Berry
 
FAQs | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy
Copyright ©"1999-2012 eHow, Inc. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the eHow Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
To unsubscribe from this list click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment